Seeking: Advocacy Director to Join Gov Affairs Team
Greetings Young Democrats!
Do you have what it takes to lead our advocacy team? YDWA is seeking a collaborative worker to assist the VP of Government affairs and Policy Director in managing YDWA caucus leaders and driving forward issue-based advocacy among members.
Job duties include:
- Working with the Department of Government Affairs to finalize and deliver their FY 2015 department plan.
- Managing the day-to-day needs of caucus leaders, including: answering questions, managing caucus budgets, tracking caucus membership in YDWA’s database, and scheduling regular check ins.
- Mentoring caucus leaders as they learn how to manage and organize a state-wide “initiative” that engages multiple YDWA chapter in advocacy work within their caucus’s scope.
- Partner with and assist the Policy Director in facilitating caucus blog posts and the 2016 YDWA lobby day.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a collaborative work style and want to be on a team.
- Be interested in strengthening their organizing skills.
- Have experience in recruitment and project management.
- Bring creative ideas to the table to help caucus leaders brainstorm opportunities for advocacy and engagement.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Act inclusively, working to bring people together with diverse perspective and ideas.
- Care deeply about mentoring the next generation of progressive leaders.
To apply – email Lynda.Foster@YDWA.org. The position is open until filled, which at the earliest would be on the YDWA board call November 22nd.